Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Thanks for the postcard Ray......

Ray....I'm not sure where in Minneapolis that picture was taken it....but it looks damn cold. It doesn't seem a whole bunch warmer this week here in beautiful south central Pa. I was up in the 70's last week, now it back down in the 40's and 50's.

Thanks for the postcard.

It made my day.

Not sure how the folks in Alaska deal with the snow for what seems 9 months out of the year. I'd go batshit crazy if it was snowing in late April. Then again, Alaskans probably don't get the mind numbing humidity we get in August.....and if they do, they're too busy tuning up their snow blowers for the soon to be arriving snow to worry about it.

I did have one of those stat counter thingies on my blog until the web site sponsoring it went away. I signed up for Google Analytics a few months ago and promptly forgot about it. Not sure what jogged my memory, but I went and checked all my stats...something like 175 to 200 people read this stuff everyday?

No way.

I think I written this before, I don't blog for anyone but myself....I enjoy writing stuff and having a record of it, so maybe in 30 years I can go back to see exactly what the hell I was thinking at different points in time. Maybe my grandkids can read about how crazy and unbalanced their grandfather was before he rode his Surly off a bridge at 3 in the morning at age 87.....

Just kidding, I'd never ride my Surly that late at night at that age...by then I'll probably stick to riding when it's light out.

I really can't see getting burnt out writing because I enjoy it so darn much...so if you keep reading-that's your own damn fault. Go ahead and leave a comment, disagree with me if you want....just be half-way civil about it.

I did have a Comcast rep reply in the comments section of my post about me dumping Comcast....I have to say our local reps are the nicest folks to deal (nice on the phone and they show up on time for appointments) with but overall, they've increased their rates a lot over the past 2-3 years and since we had to get a converter box to watch certain channels......my wife's all-time favorite channel (Turner Classics) doesn't work. It's supposed to work but all we get is a blank screen.

Frustrating to say the least.....I'll call them one more time to see if they can fix the problem.
_____________________________________

In my opinion....this is why the death penalty is a bad idea.

I think John McCain would be a bad president....but damn-is the media bored or what?

Proving that I might be a liberal nut job......wouldn't it just be easier if we legalized and taxed it?

70 billion dollar windfall and corruption at the same time? Who woulda thunk it?

Oblivious as usual.....9 more months. I just hope he doesn't invade another country in his remaining time.

Sportsmanship.

I wonder where his other shoe got to.

Chocolate in cereal.....no wonder the USA is full of fat people.

Finally...don't click on banner ads.(<---this is safe to click) Install this and you won't even see 99.8% of the banner ads out there.

till later.

No comments: