Monday, April 28, 2008

I like to ride with stuff..........

Reconfigured my handlebars yesterday...I must be getting old or something, I hate being bent over the front bars-give me all kinds of back problems. I flipped my Nitto mustache bars upside down, looks kinda dorky but I think it will help.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I have just about anything a person would need on a bike trip stuffed into my luggage trunk....tubes, a pump, a couple patch kits, bungee cords, toe straps, a first aid kit, a multi tool, a Leatherman, zip ties, a camera, a cell phone, paper towels, chain lube, hand cleaner, plus I carry food with me when I do long rides.

It probably weighs a ton, but whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger and it feels like a rocketship when I just run with a seatbag.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I wonder if the sticker makes it a business vehicle?

Holy crap.....gas in our area is almost 3.75 a gallon.....with no end in sight of further increases.

My wifes car gets reasonably decent mileage-she averages almost 25 miles to the gallon. My van on the other hand doesn't do as well-it's closer to 14 mpg. I mostly drive in town so there ain't a whole lot I can do about it.....except ride my bike more.

Sure, I can buy my Smart car, but that doesn't make much sense when I have a fully paid off vehicle with only 55,000 miles on it.

Oh well...I need the exercise. I just wish there was a safe way to commute to work at night from my house, but all the roads skeeve me out...no shoulders and too many narrow roads with blind curves and rises.

More proof that I'm getting old and crochetey....I switched cell phones with our son, my new sleek cell phone has tiny little buttons I was having trouble hitting with my fat fingers, so I gave him mine and I took his. His phone buttons aren't much bigger, but every little bit helps.
___________________________________

Excuse my poor choice of words....but this is the pot calling the kettle black. McCain and his 2nd wife owns something like 6 or 7 houses.....my dear mother will tell you this and I think she's on to something-most politicians are crooks.

More home inspection nightmares.

50 really neat pictures....my favorite is number 20.

I want one of these....looks like fun, huh?

Not every one who wants a blog has one yet. I like the shirt.

till later

No comments: