Sunday, April 27, 2008

New podcast I like...plus the paperguy is pissing me off.

Anyone that knows me, knows that I have a kinda off-beat sense of humor....so this podcast is right up my alley. Kinda hard to explain but I really enjoyed the first 4 episodes....

Looks like I have to train a new paper delivery person.... since I used to be a paperboy, I'm a hardass when it comes to how I want my newspaper is delivered. I want to open up the front door and pick it up off the front porch. I do not want to walk to the end of my driveway or the middle of my front yard or the garden or have it delivered on the ground next to the mailbox...where all the dogs relieve themselves.

My plan... I'm gonna call the paper up every time I don't get it delivered to my door and tell them I am missing my paper. I pity the poor district manager that's gonna have to come out every time the paper ain't in front of my front door.

Today, it's in the middle of my front yard and it's probably wet since it rained last night. I figure after awhile, the district manager will get the shits of coming to my house and read the riot act to his paper delivery guy....who will then probably launch the paper through one of our front windows.

My wife and sister went to NYC yesterday to spend the day hanging out....my sister-in-law took her for my wifes 4*th birthday.

Ain't no way I sayin' her age.

I will say she's younger than me and way better looking.

Honestly, (and I'm not saying this because I know she reads this blog) she easily looks 10 years younger then what she is....anyways-they had a great time and went to see this. Cool, huh?

Last night at work, we were comparing pictures of our kids that we have on our phones....I won the contest for best pictures-I have pictures of our kids(Dan and Katie) from age 1 to their current age on my iPod touch. One of the ladies I work with just had a baby boy and she brought him in to show him off.....he was the cutest little guy. I wish I woulda had my wal-mart camera with me- I would have took a pic of him.

The one billion dollar girl. Wow...who woulda thunk it? I say, good for her-hopefully her family did a better job of raising her than some of the other young famous women I could mention. Jeez, when I was 15, I was more concerned about my bicycle and not flunking out of Spanish.

Today she trails Illinois Sen. Barack Obama in convention delegates, campaign cash and the popular vote.....How'd that happen? My guess is that listening to her voice is like nails on a chalkboard to lots of folks....whatever-anybody but McCain.

If I had the money...I'd buy another laptop with XP on it before it disappears. We have a laptop with Vista on it that our son uses and it works okay, but I like XP better....if only money grew on trees.

We have Comcast.....as soon as FIOs shows up around here....we are done with their internet service. For the same price -we can get way faster download speeds...more speed makes me (and our kids) happy campers.

Redneck bee removal (a few F-bombs in the text)...I'm glad this guy isn't my neighbor-although it woulda been fun to watch.

This probably wasn't very much fun...especially if you work in a grocery store.

You know you gotta lay off the fast food when you need one of these.

Eating monkey brains with a spoon while you’re pregnant is NOT okay.

What did we do before plastic was invented? I'm not "Mr. Ecology" but there has to be a better answer.

This map is amazing and not in a good way. There are so many ways to attack this problem but it's gotta start with moms and dads being better parents to their kids.

I absolutely love where Drew Carey is going with this web site. Scroll down and on the left side near the bottom is a list of his past videos for the site....good stuff.

till later.

No comments: