Thursday, July 10, 2014

Sometimes I'm a dick.

When I am at home, you're not going to find a more laid back easy going individual......when I'm at work-I'm very focused.

Having said that, I have some pretty awesome folks that I work with that make my job easy. Between all 3 of my cake decorators- there is almost 75 years of experience. Between myself and my asst manager, we have almost 75 years of experience combined. I have a retired dept manager as my head clerk.....I have some talented folks working with me.

.....and I have one or two people that .....how shall we say.....they are works in progress. Our company doesn't have "problems"- we have "opportunities", so I have a couple of walking talking "opportunities" that I deal with on a day to day basis.

I've read that how you handle problems (or "opportunities" if you work for my company)  define what kind of manager you are- I've got some room for improvement, because looking someone in the eye and telling them to pull their head out of their ass probably isn't the most positive thing I can say to someone who shows up to work 3 1/2 hours late, but it gets my point across.

Sometimes I just can't help it.......I'm a dick.

Till later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to the blog world.