Thursday, July 24, 2014

This has been one long week....

I don't think it's a big secret......I am a bakery manager at one of the local supermarket chains. We have close to 200 stores, I started working here in October of 1976 and 95% of the time-I enjoy it quite a bit.

I have some great staff with years of experience, most of the time while it can be a little stressful because it's retail....it's almost fun to come to work.

This week.....not so much. I have 3 people on vacation and one part-timer decided to quit at the end of last week giving me no time to replace the shifts.

Adding to this stress, we had a major case reset this week. We got completely new frozen and refrigerated cake display cases and all new display tables. My boss spent the day with us on Wednesday helping us get everything switched over.

It gets better..........

I came into work Thursday morning and every single new refrigerated case was empty. Some brain surgeon HVAC tech purged all the Freon out of the wrong system Wednesday and all our product had to be pulled and put into shopping carts and placed in one of the rear storage freezers. It took our head decorator 3 hours to re-do what she did already 2 days ago.


I'm not a big drinker, but this beer tasted really good. My only problem........it's 5 PM and I'm ready for bed.

till later.

No comments: