Friday, May 27, 2005

Helmets, Hunting and Choppers......

One of the blogs I read had some interesting comments about helmet use. Some folks think they are a good idea and some don't. When I was a kid growing up in the late 60's and early 70's-there wasn't such a thing as bicycle helmets. I made through childhood just fine without one and I attribute that to one thing.

Luck.

I don't pull out of my driveway without a bicycle helmet on and since our state has changed the helmet law for motorcycles-I can not believe all the helmet-less motorcycle riding organ donors out there. Yeah, I miss the wind in my hair but I'd rather put up with that then having someone feed me and wipe my ass for the next 30 years.

Since I got back into cycling 8 years ago, I've had a few times where having a helmet has saved me from serious dain bramage..................................

And here's why I am very careful when I ride on the road.


Our state is probably gonna go to 7 day a week hunting soon.

Lovely.

Since the county parks I ride in allow hunting-I am really looking forward to sharing the woods with them on Sunday rides this fall. Sure hope the hunters don't mind if I tie a cowbell to my handlebars. Since our state has over 2 million acres of land set aside for the exclusive use of hunters-let'em drive to a SGL to hunt on Sunday.


I paid a visit to my friend Greg Friday evening, he is smokin' on the chopper!

Here are some of the latest pics........

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Looks like a bike now.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Like I said before-That's a long ass fork. Greg says it handles like a pig. .........they all do that brotha.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Looks like a push bike right at the moment, Greg is still deciding on where to place the bottom bracket. I am digging the proposed paint scheme........The frame will be a bright metallic green at the front fading into flames and the either metallic purple or blue on the rear half.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Something like this maybe??
Everything else will be black. It's gonna be bitch'n..........

That's about it for the weekend..............

Till later and stay safe.

No comments: