Monday, May 02, 2005

What a week..............

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Spent my week training a fellow associate to be a baker. I worked with the woman previously a couple of times and never really got to talk to her much.

When she was a teenager, she was involved in a serious automobile accident and nearly died. She was in a coma for several months. As a result of the accident, she has limited function on her right side and slurs her speech.

She mangaged to get married, have 2 children, her and her husband had a very successful business and just when it seemed that they had everything- they got divorced.

She managed to get in a bit a difficulty with some personal issues and pretty much hit rock bottom a couple of years ago. She is one tough lady- she has managed to put that all behind her and I have never seen someone work their ass off like she does. She has maybe 50% of her normal strength on her right side, so she has to adapt everything she does because of that. Makes ya look at things a little different sometimes....................

Had one of those great rides this weekend.You know-the kind that stick in your mind long after they are over. It was sweet.

I posted a social road ride on our clubs website and was kinda curious to see who showed up.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I am one of the slower guys in the club so whenever I post up a ride, most folks that are afriad of getting left behind or being last will usually show up because I just like to ride and don't get to concerned about being last.

I used to do almost all solo rides at one point, now I enjoy the comraderie of riding in a group. Even though I am one of the "slower" riders-it's still a whole lot of fun.

We rode some roads in southern York County that I have never been on before, just totally spectacular scenery. I would have liked to have brought a camera but being one of the last guys up most of the hills-I didn't want to hold the ride up anymore then what I was already!

On to other stuff.............

You guys see this? Bestiality is legal over there? Alrightly then.

I'm pretty proud of this. I haven't seen any of these shows. I don't think I am missing much.

This quote out of this article scares me......."What the Windows operating system has done for personal computers, Gates wants to do for cars." Excuse me while I go reboot my minivan. I shouldn't complain too much but the computer I am typing on has already had one catastropic hard drive crash.

I had the chance to buy a arcade "Asteriods" game back when I was working at a video arcade. That game and Defender were my favorite all-time wastes of time 25 years ago.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Oh, my aching ass.

This is a cool idea, I might be living in one of these someday if I don't stop buying bike stuff.

10 bucks for a bowl of soup? I don't think so. I think the Soup Nazi has a rectal-cranium inversion. I like good food but 10 bucks for 8 ounces of soup is a bit much.

I've read this Douglas Adams book, this review makes me afraid to go see the movie.

Till later..........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey George, when I lived in York, we lived out towards Dallastown and Spry, do you know that area? I remember it as being very rural, good for riding. Of course this was from 1964 to 1967, so I guess it has changed a bit. I remember a great ice cream store on the main drag out that way called Mack's. Suppose that must be gone by now. We used to wait for the school bus on their front porch. A lot of the area was still farm land back then.