Thursday, May 05, 2005

I hate country music.............

I took my wifes car to work last night because it needed filled up. The gas station I use has these speakers right next to the pump and whoever owns the station must be a big country music fan as the stuff is blaring at top volume at 3:30 AM.

I'm pretty open minded about most stuff but country music is about as worthless as teats on a boarhog. It's about girls, guys,dogs, travel and trucks. Not that there is anything wrong with any of those subjects-it's just that the folks singing it, sing it in a way that really seems to get under my skin. If you ever wanna piss me off-play country music near me.

On a brighter note, I am off this weekend and plan to ride as much as time permits. Gonna try and fit a solo ride in on Saturday and take some trail pics. I've tried to take pics on group rides but when you're one of the last guys up any hills-it's bad manners to make everyone wait even more while you shoot pics.

I wanna quit working at the donut ranch and get a job here. I've always wanted to be a consultant. Screw working.

One helluva way to go out.............

Till later.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's IT!!!!!!!

You don't like country??? White man's soul music???

I'm NEVER reading this blog AGAIN!!!!!

While I might agree if we are talking about modern country, which is just Top 40 with a damn cowboy hat on, the roots of country were wonderful. Patsy Cline, Bob Wills, George Jones, Lefty Frizzell, and yes, even early Willie Nelson are the essence of America.

Seriously, old man, if you want to get a differemnt perspective, I would be happy to be your mentor.

The Donut Guy said...

Maybe I should amend my statement "I Hate Country Music" to "Country Music made after 1977 Sucks"

Why 1977?

That's when "Smokey and the Bandit" came out and I love Jerry Reid's music. Burt Reynolds is a toupee wearin' squirrel.