Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Wal-Mart..........

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Lots of folks really hate Wal-Mart. I'm not a super huge fan of the company myself because the company I work for goes head to head with them in all our local marketing areas. I do know a couple things about them..........

-They are ballbusters when it comes to price. Price is everything for them. Which is good for customers in the short term but perhaps not in the long term.

-They pay jackshit. Our company is guilty of that to a certain extent as well, but once you make full time at my company-the benefits are pretty good. Part-timers also have fairly decent benefits after a year of employment, including healthcare after 90 days.

-They exert too much influence on their suppliers. That's okay sometimes, sometimes it's not. Am I complaining? No, I buy stuff there fairly often. We purchased a 32" TV there this past winter for 200 bucks. Money talks-bullshit walks.

On to other stuff............

I checked my site statistics and found a person that was looking for how many calories are in a donut somehow ended up at my site............
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Alot.

I'm guessing that someone is on a diet and wanted to know how many calories were in the donut they snuck before bedtime.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I also have a huge bruise on my ass cheek from the "off" I had up at Rocky Ridge this past weekend. Oh, my aching ass.............

For lack of a better term, Newsweek f**ked up. News at all cost isn't worth people dying.

Going to watch this bike race this Sunday. My friend Will owns the LBS that is providing neutral support and I am gonna hang out some.

Till later and more pics from my friend's chopper build up. It's rocket science I tell ya.

Till later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Newsweek f**ked up"? Not hardly! Newsweek reported on something that's actually been reported on many times before and seems to have happened repeatedly. The only reason they were taken to task for it is because their report happened to coincide with riots that were breaking out over it. The problem isn't reporting, the problem is Administration knuckleheads telling military commanders to "turn up the heat" on suspects taken captive, who in turn give a wink and a nod to poorly educated 19 year old kids who think it's funny as hell to beat the living crap out of people whose culture is different from theirs and who, 99 out of 100 times are completely innocent, guilty only of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

And we wonder why people around the world are starting to hate us?