Monday, January 23, 2006

Hit the dirt.............

Our son and I went to our local Mtb club's trailwork yesterday. I kinda forgot how much hard work clearing brush is. Pretty cool though, nearly 20 folks showed up and we managed to clear a new loop that replaces a "fall line" trail. Needless to say, I slept real good last night.

Woke up and looked at the forecast-rain all day today. They are calling for over an inch, I know some of the folks reading this would like that rain to be all snow but I'm okay with the wet stuff.

Our daughter is headed down to DC today to participate in the March for Life, looks like she is gonna get a little damp but I'm sure that won't matter to any of the folks that are headed that way. Beats having to drive there in a snowstorm.

This article is so true. One of my co workers has a 4 year degree and they can't spell, write complete sentences or figure out anything to do with math.......I think he kinda wasted his parent's money.

I found another blog by someone that writes and rides in Alaska. I don't know how those folks ride in such cold conditions but it sure is excellent reading! Good stuff.

Penn Gillette has a podcast. Here is the feed for you to plug into your aggregator. You either love his work or he pisses you off, so don't blame me if he isn't your cup of tea.

WARNING-GEEK CONTENT....... Anyone remember this? I don't. I only go back to Windows 3.11

This has been around for awhile, but it's still a really neat illusion.

I make donuts for a living so I'm not all up to date on science stuff, but this might get my attention if I was considering buying a new hybrid vehicle.

Cat fight. Little cat vs big cat. Guess which one wins......no worries-it's not violent.

Fatal1ty on 60 minutes. Don't know who this guy is? You do if you are under the age of 18 and play video games. I remember buying an Atari 2600 back in the 70's. If I coulda made a living at it, maybe I would have played more.

Starbucks rant. I actually like Starbucks, I just can't afford 5 bucks for a cup of coffee every day.

"I oppose American politics totally, but what does food have to do with it? Syrian's just love chicken.

I feel their pain............NOT.

A joke.........

Hypnotist.....

It was entertainment night at the Senior Center and the Amazing Claude was topping the bill. People came from miles around to see the famed hypnotist do his stuff. As Claude went to the front of the meeting room, he announced, "Unlike most hypnotists who invite two or three people up here to be put into a trance, I intend to hypnotize each and every member of the audience." The excitement was almost electric as Claude withdrew a beautiful antique pocket watch from his coat. "I want you each to keep your eye on this antique watch. It's a very special watch. It's been in my family for six generations."

He began to swing the watch gently back and forth while quietly chanting. "Watch the watch, watch the watch, watch the watch . . ". The crowd became mesmerized as the watch swayed back and forth, light gleaming off its polished surface. Hundreds of pairs of eyes followed the swaying watch, until, suddenly, it slipped from the Hypnotist's fingers and fell to the floor, breaking into pieces. "SHIT", said the Hypnotist.

It took three days to clean up the Senior Center.

Till later....

No comments: