Thursday, October 26, 2006

It's all about the bread........

I've been making food for a living for about 30 years and my favorite thing to make is bread and this is without a doubt, the best bread I make.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
12 grain Ukranian bread.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I should have put something in the picture to give you an idea of how large this loaf of bread is. It's about 10 inches in diameter and weighs over a pound. The best part of the bread is the crust, it's crunchy, flaky and melts in your mouth.

It's good stuff.

...........lots of folks that work 3rd shift like I do have problems sleeping in the daytime. Not me. Lawn mowers, leaf blowers, whatever-not much will wake me up once I am sleeping.

Our next door neighbors are having part of their roof re-done and even wearing earplugs.....it was hard to block out the sounds of the guys using a air powered nail gun......so I went into our sons room and sacked out on the lower bunk of his bunk bed.

His room is on the opposite side of the house so no noise but I have a seriously kinked up neck from sleeping on a different and thinner mattress. Last year my wife and I got a brand new mattress and box spring from friends that didn't end up using it after they bought it for their vacation house.

For free.

Free is good, because we would have never gone out and spent that much money for this set-up, it is top of the line and we will be spoiled if we ever have to replace it. Together, the box spring and mattress are close to 3 feet thick. It's nice.

_________________________________________

I'm happy I bought my laptop when I did, even if it doesn't come with Windows Vista on it. In fact, I'm happy it doesn't have Vista installed...........new stuff is almost always buggy.

I sure hope this guy gets stabbed in the back by his party. He knew.........lots of people knew.

If you don't know who Jack Johnson is...read this. He gave this game all kinds of free publicity before it's release. We have a 13 year old son that has a couple of games like Halo 2 and such and he hasn't turned out to be an axe wielding madman. He's a nice, well mannered kid who respects his parents and does pretty good in school.

Games
don't cause kids to do dumb stuff, bad parenting causes kids to do dumb stuff. Kids learn from example. If your mom and dad are mouth-breathers, you'll probably will end up the same, serving french fries at your job and living in your parent's basement until you're 40.

This is the coolest story you will see today. It's about 9 minutes long, but it's well worth your time.

I love finding new podcasts to listen to at work.......this one looks interesting.

I wanna live a nice long life, but not if I have to do this. Especially since I ate 1/3 of the loaf of bread featured in the blog post for breakfast.

Color pictures of Russia from 1909. Way cool. I've always had in my mind that Russia was this cold grey place with forlorn looking people.......

Saw this on fixedgear's blog............my friend Doug would dig this headbadge...I had a chance to buy an Eastern Woods Research frame a couple years ago...........Like a dumbass, I didn't pick it up.

Play hangman with your friends online.

This is a cool website............learn how stuff is made. I think i might have posted this before but it's still neat.

A joke..........

A distinguished young woman on a flight from Switzerland asked the Priest beside her, "Father, may I ask a favor?"

"Of course. What may I do for you?"

"Well, I bought an expensive Electronic hair dryer that is well over the Customs limits and I'm afraid they'll confiscate it. Is there anyway you could carry it through customs for me? Under your robes perhaps?"

"I would love to help you, dear, but I must warn you: I will not lie."

"With your honest face, Father, no one will question you."

When they got to Customs, she let the priest go ahead of her. The official asked, "Father, do you have anything to declare?"

"From the top of my head down to my waist, I have nothing to declare."

The official thought this answer strange, so asked, "And what do you have to declare from your waist to the floor?"

"I have a marvelous little instrument designed to be used on a woman, but which is, to date, unused."

Roaring with laughter, the official said, "Go ahead, Father"

This works for me. If Dems win both houses, Nancy would be President. I don't have a burning desire to see a Democrat in the White House or anything, but how could it be any worse then it is now?

No comments: