Saturday, October 07, 2006

Remember that dishwasher?...........

You know, the one that almost ate my arm a couple weeks ago because the counter balance wasn't working correctly?
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Instead of my wrist getting caught in the door, it slammed shut on 3 of my fingers Thursday night.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Not the best place to get a couple of stitches if you work with your hands like I do. Those doors won't be slamming shut on anyone's fingers now. Before the doors were sorta half-way broken.....let's just say that they are completely broken now and that the dishwasher is inoperative until someone comes out and fixes it correctly.

I did get to spend some quality time at the local ER. Let me say this. They should post a sign at the entrance explaining the concept of "triage" to everyone. I knew that with a fairly minor cut on my hand that I might be waiting for awhile and indeed I was there for about 3 hours-they were moderately busy.

While I was there, a couple that had been there for quite some time with their small baby got agitated that another person that got there after they did was seen before they were. A very professional nurse explained to them that patients are seen according to the severity of their injuries and that the hospital was doing everything they could to see their child.

The couple didn't like that explanation and went off on the nurse and left. No more then 5 minutes went by when another nurse came out and called for them to be seen. Not sure where the hell they went at 3 AM to get care for their sick child but getting pissed at the people that are there to help you sure ain't gonna help things.

The hospital isn't a Burger King, just because you think you are "next" doesn't mean jackshit, someone that comes in with chest pain gets to go to the front of the line and that's too bad if you bring in a kid with a fever.........you're gonna have to wait.

_________________________________________

Jeez, I wonder if Paris could possibly stay out of the news for a week. I'm beginning to think she does stuff like that on purpose.

#1 isn't really a surprise.

An excerpt from "State of Denial"........we might be in serious trouble. The best thing that could possibly happen is for the Dems to win control of Congress in November so Bush is hogtied for the next 2 years. Not saying much, is it?

Got the hiccups?.......lube up.(Fixed link from Sat AM)

I think it's hilarious that the Congress is talking about suspending the page program. Maybe if would be a better idea for the lawmakers to stick to just taking bribes.

Give teachers training and guns. Is that going to far? Beats me, but something has to be done.

Soon, I hope that it will become clear to our current administration that we need to do something different then send Condi......... she looks ridiculous with a bulletproof vest on.

Here's some good news. It's been a long time since I went to school. Back then-they didn't even have vending machines.

Matt has a very interesting link on his blog.

How to wash a cat. Not something I plan on doing anytime soon.

The Asylum Street Spankers. This video is NOT safe for work (F-bombs) nor is it P.C. but it does make a point, which is why I posted it.

George Carlin - Who Really Controls America.......yeah, this one also has lots of F-bombs in it, it's George Carlin, what do you expect?

I make donuts for a living and I'm pretty smart..............I wonder if I can win one of these.

"He has no enemies, but is intensely disliked by his friends." More here.

I could have some fun with this car.

Eat like a snake. WTF?

Till later.

No comments: