Monday, October 02, 2006

Sunday at Wal-Mart...........

I guess you see all kinds of folks shopping at Wal-Mart...........My son and I stopped by on Sunday to buy some DVD's to back up my laptop and dress "standards" have changed since I was a kid.

I remember when I was a kid, my parents always made sure I was at least clean and wore clothes that weren't ripped and torn before I went out in public.

Nowadays.......things are different. I saw some kids shopping there with their parents that looked like they just got done a shift changing oil at Jiffy Lube.

If any politician wants to find out what "real" Americans are like.......they oughta spend a weekend afternoon at a Wal-Mart. Folks from every race, nationality and income bracket shop there.

And not all of them wear clean clothes or bathe regularly:-)

__________________________________________

Things that are not good for you. I just had #6 on the list, damn that was good. The Starbucks we go to has a "No Parking" zone right in front of it, I love it when the cops come and ticket all the yuppie drivers that park there while they go in for a quick fix.

Cat crawls into and out of a glass jar.

The Constitution of the United States 2.0....
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
....indeed.

Kind of a geeky article about audio compression. Maybe that's why I don't listen to much of the music made in the past 10 years. That and I'm too cheap to buy very many CD's.......

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I guess that's one method.....

Too bad they didn't have more bullets.

10 years of Fox News. Some folks say that they are biased...........I can't really say one way or the other because in the past 10 years, I've never watched it.

More about Foley. That dude is one sick puppy. It has to make you wonder what else goes on in D.C. behind closed doors. It's none of my business what those folks do when they aren't at work........but soliciting minors ain't such a good idea. I hope they throw the book at him and anyone else who helped cover up his behavior.

One soldiers story.

Today's science break......Carl Sagan was one of my favorite scientists. Here's one reason why.

Drunk at the Wax Museum. I'd never do anything like that. Not me.

I think I like the fisherman's way of doing things....

In closing..........my pop doesn't read this blog all that often-he spends most of his day at work staring at a computer screen so the last thing he wants to do in his spare time is stare at my mom's laptop at home.

In any case.....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!!

Till later.

No comments: