Friday, July 13, 2007

Cruiser time......


I'm such a sucker for bass boat blue......and I love me some cruiser beach bikes. If it wouldn't be such a pain in the butt, I'd bring my Kona choppper to the beach.

Our condo came equipped with a set of beach cruiser bikes so I decided I'd take one out for a spin Thursday morning. The morning started out extremely overcast but 1/2 way into the ride.....the clouds magically parted and left clear blue sky in their wake.


I think this might be one of my favorite pictures of the week so far....

I rode back into one of the areas where 4WD trucks can pull into the beach to do surf casting, it's not something I'd do with my Surly, but I figured it wouldn't really hurt a 89 dollar Wal-Mart bike. As it turned out, I was right; the sand that made it's way into the unsealed bottom bracket eventually ground itself up.


Here's a panoramic view of the bay. Click to make biggerer.


Here's a picture of last night's sunset. I put 3 pictures together (I'm an amateur, you can see the seams) but I thing it's cool nonetheless because of the colors. I told y'all in the beginning of the week I like sunsets.....

After a week of riding and walking.....my knees are killing me, but it was totally worth it......
_______________________________________

More on the Pope.....all I can say is he sure doesn't mind stirring stuff up. Kinda reminds me of #43 with his single mindedness.

Woo hoo....Chrysler reduced the price of their new minivans. I have a 2001 model-I wouldn't buy another unless I was forced to at gunpoint. I'm hoping there will be a Smart car dealership around when I buy another vehicle in a couple years.

I'd like one of these. 40 gigs a second? Sign me up.

I like ice cream an awful lot.....but these are just plain awful.

In NYC.......it's all about the money.

This guy didn't die or even get hurt....but he could have easily filmed his own suffocation. I've said it before....if you put something on the internets...it's forever.

Till later.

No comments: