Sunday, July 15, 2007

Got me a creaky bike..........

Somewhere in the bottom bracket or pedals on my Cross-Check.....I have a really bad creak.

The bike is overdue for some service so it's gonna go into the LBS for some work.

It pretty much needs a new drivetrain anyways. The chainrings are starting to get hook shaped....yeah, yeah I know-I shoulda swapped out the chain before but it's just one of those things that kept getting put off.

I did order a new set of handlebars, looking forward to changing out to a slightly shorter stem and not being quite as bent over while I ride. I might even flip them upside down for even more of an upright riding position....I really don't care how dorky it looks.

I have a Cannondale R500, so no need for my everyday bike to have drop bars. I'm too old for that all the time anyways..........

I also gotta get the green monster scheduled for it's state inspection and get the electrics sorted out. I'm sure it's electrical, because the panel that controls the AC also controls the rear wiper and washer and none of that stuff works.....lovely. I learned my lesson, this will be the last Chrysler I ever buy.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Our daughter can multi-task. Here she is cooking something on the stove, talking to her boyfriend on her laptop and pointing out a bug she just killed with her bare foot. We need one of these. She's a really creative cook, she gave me these links as inspiration for my cooking. In case you're wondering...this one is my favorite, hands down.

If anyone has an extra 300 dollars burning a hole in their pocket.......please buy me this. I think I might sell a bike to buy it......it's on my wish list:-)
_____________________________________

Read this blog post from Cycledog......he's included some good health related links.

This bike blogger rocks the "eat local" scene. Check out these veggies....

This link makes me ask questions i really don't want the answer too.

Today's history break....historic highways.

Corn-on-the-cob eating cat.

A group of people died and went up to heaven, and they were greeted by god.

God said "If you control your wife stand at my right, and if your wife controls you, stand on my left".

All the man stood on gods left except one.

God walked up to him and said "What makes you think you need to be here?", So the man said "I dunno... my wife told me to stand here"

..........I'd be on the left.

Dumbass on a cellphone.

Oh yeah, this kid is a terrorist. Somebody has/had their head up their ass. A little common sense goes a long way.....

Two little kids are in a hospital, lying on stretchers next to each other, outside the operating room.

The first kid leans over and asks, "What are you in here for?"

The second kid says, "I'm in here to get my tonsils out and I'm a little nervous."

The first kid says, You've got nothing to worry about. I had that done when I was four. They put you to sleep, and when you wake up they give you lots of Jell-O and ice cream. It's a breeze."

The second kid then asks, "What are you here for?"

The first kid says, "A circumcision."

The second kid replies, "Whoa, good luck buddy, I had that done when I was born. Couldn't walk for a year....

My opinion...? Let's pack our bags and get the hell out before he changes his mind.

Been screwing around with trying to get different versions of Linux to install on my old computer......so far the one I like the best that will install is Knoppix. Looks like I have lots of tinkering in my future....

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Global warming.

Monoface....nah, this isn't a time waster.

I just love me some country music...not.

One day Mom was cleaning Little Johnny's room and in the closet she found a collection are horendous S&M magazines. This was highly upsetting for her. She hid the magazine until his Father got home and showed it to him. He looked at it and handed it back to her with out a word. So she asked him, "What should we do about this?" Dad looked at her and said, "Well I don’t think you should spank him."

Save the eggs for last.

I was using the computer that was installed at the condo last week....Now I realize how many ad and ad banners I miss using my own laptop. Wanna see less ads? Use Firefox with the Ad Blocker Plus extension and this modified host file. If your computer is halfway secure, it's gonna set off all kinds of alarm bells when you try to install the host file. Trust me, it works great and if you don't like it...it shows up in the Add/Remove applet.

I see very few ads:-)

Till later.

No comments: