Sunday, July 08, 2007

Our house is WIRED.....

Gotta say, this has to be the nicest house we've ever stayed at while on vacation. My wife's family rented 2 condos and my sister in law's family and us are staying in one of them while my in-laws and and my brother-in-laws family are staying in the other one.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Here's the view from our bedroom......

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The obligatory ocean picture.....

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
...and sunset picture-I'll have a ton of these by the end of the week.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
This is what it looked like at 5:30 this morning... too foggy for a bike ride.

On the way down here yesterday, my air conditioning in the van decided to stop working. Not good as it was pretty darn hot and it was quite uncomfortable. It must be something electrical because when we stopped for a bathroom break.....it started to work again. We didn't touch the contols for the rest of the way in.......I just hope it works on the way home.

Our house is incredible....4 floors, a ton of bedrooms, windows and decks all over the place including wireless access. That's a good thing as we have 4 or 5 laptops and the computer the house comes with. I set my laptop out in a common area for everyone to use since the bedroom we are using already has a computer.

The Tour de France started up yesterday.......to be honest, with all the doping news and accusations in the past year-I'm having a hard time getting up any enthusiasm to follow the race.

This fellow rider/blogger eats local and going by his latest blog post.....he eats pretty darn good. Looks good, doesn't it?

Mmmmm croissants. Gotta find me a local bakery down here as soon as possible. I brought my Surly Cross-Check with me, one of the best parts of taking vacation at the best is poking around on my bike. You get some awesome pics and find some good places to eat if you're lucky.

I guess everyone is like this in New Zealand.....

If you duct tape tree branches to your face.....you might be a redneck.

Well, his mom did say to call someone if he needed help.

I like these quotes....especially the last one.

Someone spent a lot of time doing this video.

Nobody can say airline pilots are overpaid.

That's all for now.......

till later.

No comments: