Sunday, October 21, 2007

A hiking we will go......

I got to take some good pics yesterday-my wife and I went on a hike around Lake Williams. As you can see, it was close to 4 miles-nothing too tough but we both are feeling it a little bit. Actually, my knees are feeling it a LOT...but it was worth it.

You know you are getting old when you take Celebrex before you go out for a walk.

As you can see...there ain't a whole lot of Lake Williams left. It's really surprising that there hasn't been much coverage in the local media concerning how low our water reservoir is.

We walked past where all the clear cutting in the park took place several years ago, at the time-the Parks and the York Water company promised that they would reseed the logged areas with new trees.

I didn't see any new trees, just a lot of garbage vegetation. I guess the money the York Water Company got for the logged trees was more important then restoring what they destroyed. I know we need paper products, but jeez.....did they have to saw down trees in one of our county parks? I digress.....

Here are more pictures here of different locations along the trail.

I had my camera on full auto for all the pictures, I didn't want to hold up my lovely wife while I goofed around with settings...she likes to keep a nice steady pace. We did the hike in about 90 minutes so we didn't do much standing around.

Even with having the camera make all the decisions....I think it does a really nice job.

My friend Hank sent me this. My favorite is the pic with the bigger brother that decorates his baby brother with magic marker. I'm sure he got in a little trouble for that one.

I still think Rush Limbaugh is ten pounds of shit packed into a 5 pound bag, but hats off to him for doing this.

If you trouble falling asleep, listen to this.

24%........this country is f**ked up.

I didn't know this was a sport.

There's birthday cakes and then there are birthday cakes.

till later.

No comments: