Wednesday, October 03, 2007

My old man was a player....

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Here he is back in the day.....does he look like a badass or what?

I'm guessing this is about 1958.

Anyways, today is his 70th birthday and he is probably celebrating by working. If my dad has taught me one thing.... it's that hard work is how you make it in this world. I've had some sort of job since I've been 12 years old.

One of my favorite memories was when I was 14 or so and I had a Sunday morning paper route. Whenever it was raining on Sunday mornings, I'd go into my parents bedroom and wake him up and ask him to "help" with delivering the papers.

We would do the paper route and then go to Dunkin' Donuts and have breakfast....good times. I think he enjoyed rainy Sunday mornings as much as I did.

He's still out there working full time at age 70 not because he has to, it's because he'd probably drive my mom up the wall if he was home all day goofing off.

He's one of the hardest working guys I know and he's my pop.

I love you dad:-)

One of these days he's gonna retire and drive my mom crazy.

....My laptop is on it's way back to me, hopefully it's uptight and outtasight, because while the Indian tech support guy I spoke to was very professional-I don't wanna have to deal with the language barrier again.

It was annoying having to ask him to repeat nearly everything he said. I had a fairly straightforward situation, I'd hate to have a complicated problem to explain to someone that doesn't speak English very well.

I bought a laptop made by an American company that was manufactured in China that has tech support from India. It's a multi-cultural world out there.....I just have a hard time understanding foreign accents over a long distance phone connection.
____________________________________
This guy makes a lot of sense.

This guy is a scumbag, but he still has freedom of speech like anyone else in America...Congress should do something constructive...if that's possible.

What the heck kind of fish is that? Possible NSFW ads.

I usually ignore, but sometimes it's fun to engage for some laughs.

Don't steal or do drugs or this will happen.

This is a used car with lots of miles.

I like this lady.

Better living through chemistry....donuts with caffeine.

What will they think of next?

till later.

No comments: