Saturday, April 23, 2005

Just shut me up............

Yeah, yeah..........Just shut me up about podcasting already.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Anyone here remember or know who Jean Sheperd was? There is this awesome podcast with quite a few of his old WOR recordings on it. Here is the link of the RSS feed you can plug into iPodder to download the feeds. If you've never listened to him-do yourself a favor and listen to a couple of his shows.

He was a master storyteller.

Somebody emailed me and thought I should be talking more about bikes. I happen to know this person and all I can say is...........bite me.

Bite me in a nice way though, ya know? Sorry I don't spend a shitload of time writing about bikes-I'll try to do better. So many other bloggers (check my "links" section) do such a great job writing about their experiences riding, I thought I would put up content that's a little different.

Checked out the weather forecast for the weekend and it is shit. I'm glad I signed up for overtime.

The only bad thing is that the kid's ride our club had scheduled is likely to be cancelled. If there is one kind of ride our club does that I totally enjoy-it's riding with kids.

Most of the kids in our area probably are not allowed out of their parents sight, so when Mom or Dad come out to a kid's ride with their kids- the kids totally love being out in the woods. No cars and you are allowed to get dirty.

How cool is that when you're 10 years old?

I always bring a huge box of assorted donuts for the kids, their parents and the ride leaders to eat after the ride so nobody goes home hungry.

Mmmmm ................donuts.

Till later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever seen the movie "A Christmas Story"? You know, the one with Ralphie and the BB gun and the Bumpuses. Well that movie was based on one of Shepherd's books, "Wanda Hickey's Night of Golden Memories". As you said, he was a great story teller and a humorist as well. If you have not read the "Wanda Hickey" book, you're in for a treat.

Another of his books that has bits of "Christmas Story" is "In God We Trust, All Others Pay Cash". Other books of his include, "The Ferrari in the Bedroom" and "A Fistful of Fig Newtons".

A friend of mine, who grew up in New Jersey has boyhood memories of listening to Shepherd's radio broadcasts at night.

Shepherd was a man who umderstood humor. He had the talent to show humor in everyday life, without constantly having to resort to crudeness.