Saturday, June 18, 2005

Happy Father's Day.........

Happy Father's Day out there to all those dads out there reading this!!! Being a dad is just about the best thing ever..............even better then riding a bike. (If either one of my kids are reading this, I'm just kidding about the bike part)

I was planning on doing all kinds of stuff Saturday but my internal body clock is having one heck of a time getting adjusted back to working 3rd shift. I ended up sleeping 11 hours. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I am off Sunday night, so I'll force myself to sleep maybe 4 hours Sunday morning and then get up. I gots stuff to do.

Saw this article, the impressions of Nissan's CEO are interesting. Of course car makers are in business to make money but they are gonna have to learn to make something else besides cars if and when the oil runs out.

What would I do if the oil ran out? For the most part, I'd be okay with it as long as I didn't have to share the roads with cars. My wife would have to get a different job, 30 miles one way is totally out of the question on a bike.

I'm not one of those hardcore guys that ride their bikes everywhere and are full of disdain for folks that use cars. I'll be the first to admit that I like sitting in my minivan with the A/C on "stun" when it's 85 degrees out in the summer. I also happen to like not freezing my ass off in the middle of winter riding a bike. Unless of course, I choose to.

I don't want to paint all lawyers with the same brush, but some attorneys can be real assholes.

If you have any doubt, this is the ultimate SUV. The "S" in the case would stand for "safe"........

If you thought yesterday's link to that quad with a motorcycle engine was wild...............this one is sicker. Much sicker.

How am I going to celebrate Father's Day? Gonna hang out out the pool with our son and some assorted neices and nephews and go for a chopper ride with some buddies later in the day down at our local rail trail. Sounds like a pretty good day to me, the weather forecast sounds perfect.

Been playing around with new software
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
My user name is "bikeridingdonutguy" if anybody wants to talk or chat............. About the only time I am online regularly is from 4 to 6 AM in the morning so ya better get up early if you wanna catch me.

Jeb is as much of an asshole as his brother. Sorry folks, I'm not a G.W. fan.

Bill Frist makes my "asshole of the month" list as well. (You'll need to register to read the link)

This little guy has a big set of balls. Sprinters aren't right in the head.

4.482 seconds at a track record speed of 332.26 mph in a quarter mile is hard to beat. If you've never been to a NHRA race.........ya gotta go to at least one. 175 decibels is louder then any rock concert. The Top Fuel cars use about a gallon of nitromethane every second..........

Till later and if you're lucky like me and are a dad..........Happy Father's Day!

2 comments:

Lunatic Biker said...

G:
Happy Father's Day. Thanks for the support with respect to my problem. I've never met you, but I think we'd get along.

Ray

Anonymous said...

Wow another Ray :) Wish I could join you on your rail trail ride later today, but gonna be at my brother's house. The trail is not that far, but about 30 miles south of where you are riding :) Regarding riding to work, I would not mind if 1) There were a special bike lane or thruway and 2) I could use a cowling to go faster. It's about 20 miles one way for me so thats over an hour commute each way (much longer on the way home as it is uphill).

Ray (YAMBA)