Sunday, June 12, 2005

Wax on............wax off.

Yeah, I know that's a pretty lame title for a blog entry, but it was a lot of work! Since I only do it once or twice a year..........I do it right.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Ya gotta have Pink Flamingos.

After I wash it with Dawn to get any old wax off, I use a clay bar to remove all the acid rain deposits etc. Then I polished it and buffed it out.

After that I apply a coat of wax, buff it out and apply vinyl protectant to all the trim to remove the white wax residue from the trim.

All in all, it takes me about 5 or 6 hours to go through the whole process and since it was 85 degrees on Friday with 800% humidity when I did it-I sweated out about 5 pounds.

Check out the man-hour totals for these guys. Damn, those folks got it going on. Check out their latest project. I'd love to ride there someday. I don't think I have the skill or the balls to ride all the stunts but it would still be way cool to watch the other riders.

Next post I'll have something about the Jamis XLT bike I an beating the crap out of....err, I mean test riding this weekend. I had it up at Rocky Ridge Saturday morning. I rode for about 2 1/2 hours,had to stop because it was about 90 degrees with 1200% humidity. Not that I'm complaining or anything.

Anyone ever go shopping here? It's a different kind of grocery store, they don't have many varieties of stuff but according to my expert shopper wife-they have awesome prices. Why do I mention it? They sell some of the shittiest bikes I've ever seen. Even cheaper then Wal-Mart if that's possible.

Still haven't updated my links, I'll get to it one of these days. Been too busy riding and reading.

Ever watch the kids at the mall dancing on one of these?
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Here's the "extreme" version.
As that media whore Paris Hilton would say........eh, nevermind.

Update on the naked cyclists. Hmmm, let's see........I'm already 15 or 20 pounds overweight and bald. I think I'll paint up my fat body and go for a ride.............Not.

No shit. I suppose the young men and woman of America aren't willing to die on foreign soil for no good reason. I don't blame them.

Ever see anything so dumb? Actually this product comes from Britain and folks over there are using it to evade all the speed trap cameras by spraying it on their license plates.

Learn something new. The rest of the site is full of interesting stuff as well.

I like BMX just fine but have the UCI lost their freakin' minds? Sign the online petition.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: