Tuesday, June 21, 2005

A small rant...........

Now, I'm not the smartest guy in the world but this really makes me wonder..........

Ever go into a store that has the "do it yourself" check outs? How come I don't get a discount for doing all the damn work?
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
One more thing............If I owned a grocery store, I'd have express checkouts where the sign would say.....

"10 items or less-not 11, 12 or 23 items-don't even try that shit"
"No checks"
"No charge cards"
"Have your damn money ready"

Why do people stand in line and when the cashier finishes ringing up their order, the customer acts surprised when the cashier asks them for money?

Our son and I were in Wal-Mart a couple weeks ago at the do-it-yourself checkout and while we were checking our stuff out, the scanner kept screwing up.

After a few frustrating minutes-we were done and when I electroniclly signed my charge receipt, I signed "Eat My Shorts"

..........Yeah, I know that's not very mature for a 45 year old but the machine accepted the signature, so it's all good as far as I'm concerned.

Till later...............

2 comments:

Lunatic Biker said...

I for one, hope maturity never comes.

Anonymous said...

I NEVER use those damn check yourself out lines. Screw that union-busting, let's-boost-the-bottom-line-by-getting rid-of-cashiers bullshit.

Hey, George, maybe next they'll have a bake-it-yourself donut line!

Remember when someone pumped your gas? Those days are never coming back. Once these corporate middle managers with their great money saving ideas get us accustomed to doing things ourselves, they figure we'll just shrug our shoulders and go with the program.

They ain't gonna give us discounts for doing it either. Probably charge us more for the "convenience". Just think, they get the same amount of profit AND get to fire the cashiers.

I hate corportions.