Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Test Ride Thursday.......................

This week, we are going to take a commercial bakery oven for a test ride.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Yup, none other then the Hobart Model#HBA2G double rack gas oven.

Yeah, baby...this is one "hot" oven. (sorry for the bad pun)

Actually one of these ovens cost more then a nicely equipped SUV and uses enough gas to heat 2 average size houses. We have 2 of them and we run them almost 24 hours a day.

They have programmable heat and steam zones and you can preprogram 4 different baking programs. When I am at work, I make several hundred loaves of bread, about 100 dozen rolls, maybe 40 or 50 pies, a rack of sticky buns, bagels and about 30 dozen muffins in one night. That's in addition to cutting, frying and hand finishing 100 or so dozen donuts.

This oven is about 8 feet tall and has a platform inside that revolves. I push a rack like this right into the oven and the rack and whatever is on it, spins while hot air and steam are blown over it. Yum. Just don't stand directly in front of it when you open the door if you enjoy having eyebrows. One of our ovens even has a handle in the inside for some reason.

Stay tuned for next weeks review, who knows what I'll take for a test drive................


............................When I read stuff like this, it really pisses me off. I think they oughta find the cab driver and run his ass over with a cab. Bastard.

Gonna be riding the chopper down at the local rail trail this Sunday........... anybody reading this is welcome to invite themselves. Check the YAMBA board for details.........

It's one of the few places I will ride without a helmet.

If I am on my cyclocross bike doing volunteer patrols for York County Parks, I wear one while I'm riding there because it's part of the rules for particapating in the program. Other then that-I don't wear one while I am riding on the rail trail, it's nice to feel the air blow over my rather large forehead.

Mmmmmmm ......yuck.

WTF? A "security" knife? I'm having a hard time understanding why I would buy something like a knife when I'd rather buy something like this if I were inclined to have to be worried about "Homeland Security"

I've said this before, Guns don't kill people..........drivers on cellphones do.

Till later.........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.thinkgeek.com/cubegoodies/toys/60b6/

Anonymous said...

Hi George. I'm trying to get some advice about buying a bicycle. I've joined this site (bicycle) to get advice from other people but was also wondering if you knew of anywhere I could get some advice. Many thanks.