Sunday, November 13, 2005
Push Button Receive Bacon
I have no idea why this makes me laugh, but I'd thought I would share it.
I did have to photoshop the graphics as the word "received" was spelled incorrectly. I'm not the smartest guy on the planet but it bugs the hell out of me when grown adults can't spell correctly or express themselves on paper.
Back a few years ago I was a production manager for a large commercial donut bakery and I had to write up a report because we missed a monthly production goal. I basically blew sunshine up my boss's ass in about 500 words.
He loved the report, it didn't really say anything or give any promise of increased performance in the future, but it had lots of big words and I'm pretty sure he didn't want to embarrass himself by asking someone what I meant.
Sometimes you can baffle 'em with bullshit-sometimes you can't, the only important thing is to know the difference..........
Our ride for Saturday afternoon got cancelled and it was a good thing I suppose-because I slept in until 3:30 Saturday afternoon. I usually get off work at 5 AM Saturday morning and I either get my wife up so we can eat breakfast or meet my pop at 5AM and eat breakfast with him. Since my folks are out of town-my wife, our 12 year son and I went out for breakfast so I didn't get to sleep until later in the morning.
I'm not the skinniest guy in the world (I'm not grossly obese either) but if I ate at restaurants all the time-I'd be a fat ass because I love turkey egg cheese omelets, home fries and bacon all fried with a 1/4 stick of butter. Yum. Some folks eat like that every day-once a week is okay for me. I wanna live past 50..........
I like to read my comments and saw a new person make a comment on my last blog entry-thanks Ptelea- I added you to my links section-I'm enjoying reading about you and your cats. Kinda reminds me of our first (and only) cat.
We took in a stray back when my wife and I were first married-it had no hair on it's frost bitten ears and was deaf as a post. In fact it was about the mangiest cat I had ever seen but it was ours. Sadly, Dave only lived for another year or so but she at least she had a warm place to shed hair for the last year of her life........
Fast forward to now and our allergic 12 year old is in the process of getting allergy shots so we can get another cat-that's gonna be interesting and I'm sure it'll provide me plenty of photo-ops. for this blog.
In my mind, there are a few professions that have my ultimate respect. Among them are teachers, police, firemen (and woman) and nurses. I bet Arnold would be changing his tune if a member of his family was in an understaffed hospital. Of course he probably has his own hospital somewhere............
It must suck to be a Republican.
I don't know who is responsible for this web site, but I'd like the thank them for making me spit my soda all over the monitor.
Interesting article. As I read it, I realized that every stitch of clothing I am wearing right now was bought at Wal-Mart. Hmmmm.
I really do think George has started drinking again.......Here is a list of his Top Ten "Bushisms"
Top 10 Funniest Bushisms of All Time
The Top Ten Funniest (and Saddest) Mistakes, Misstatements, Bloopers and Blunders By President George W. Bush (so far...)
1. "I am here to make an announcement that this Thursday, ticket counters and airplanes will fly out of Ronald Reagan Airport." —Washington, D.C., Oct. 3, 2001
2. "Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." —Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sept. 6, 2004
3. "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004
4. "There's no doubt in my mind that we should allow the world worst leaders to hold America hostage, to threaten our peace, to threaten our friends and allies with the world's worst weapons." —South Bend, Indiana, Sept. 5, 2002.
5. "There's an old...saying in Tennessee...I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee that says Fool me once...(3 second pause)... Shame on...(4 second pause)...Shame on you....(6 second pause)...Fool me...Can't get fooled again." —Nashville, Tennessee, Sept. 17, 2002.
6. "See, free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction." —Milwaukee, Wis., Oct. 3, 2003
7. "The ambassador and the general were briefing me on the -- the vast majority of Iraqis want to live in a peaceful, free world. And we will find these people and we will bring them to justice." —Washington, D.C., Oct. 27, 2003.
8 "I'm looking forward to a good night's sleep on the soil of a friend." —on visiting Denmark, Washington D.C., June 29, 2005
9. "Wow! Brazil is big." after being shown a map of Brazil by Brazilian president Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva, Brasilia, Brazil, Nov. 6, 2005
10. A TIE BETWEEN:
"Rarely is the question asked, 'Is our children learning'?"
—Florence, S.C. Jan 11 2000
"The illiteracy level of our children are appalling." —Washington, D.C., Jan. 23, 20004
Rick Santorum talks out his ass quite a bit. I'm proud to have him as a senator......... Not.
As much as I like bicycles because they save gas, are good for exercise and peace of mind....I still like cars and 540 cubic inches is hard to argue with. Too bad it cost almost a half-million dollars. I had to reread that dollar amount in the article, I couldn't fathom paying that much for a 69 Camaro that isn't really a 69 Camaro. Unless of course I was stinking filthy rich-then I'd write the check in a heartbeat.
Finally............all you've ever wanted or needed to know about Paris Hilton.
Thanks for reading.
Posted by The Donut Guy at 11/13/2005 05:22:00 AM