Thursday, December 08, 2005

Snow? Nah......

I knew I was in trouble when I went to work last night and our parking lot was full. This was at 9PM and usually there are maybe 2 or 3 dozen cars in the lot at that time...........Gotta love those snow scares.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
This is what my donut case looked like when I left yesterday. I also made enough donuts to totally refill this display. That's about 150 dozen donuts.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Here's what it looked like when I came in last night. Less then 1 dozen donuts left over. Holy crap.

Since we were forecast to get a crippling 4 inches of snow, we had folks in our store buying everything that wasn't bolted down well past 1 in the morning. Gosh, with up to 4 inches of snow, folks won't be able to get out for weeks in their SUV's.

God, I love my job.

Here's some security links...

Learn about rootkits.

Another Sony rootkit discovered. Nice, huh?

AIM worm. If you are dumb enough to click on the link when if you get this particular message, you deserve the virus. Don't click on any link in a AIM message. Ever. If if your best friend sends you a IM with a hyperlink, just ignore it.

I got this virus back when it came out because I was dumb enough to let in through my firewall. I'm amazed that it's still out there.............

Find everything that is running on your computer. Yeah, it's kinda geeky, but it doesn't hurt to install it and have a lookie see.

Someone commented off-blog that I don't spend much time writing about bikes. There's a reason for that.

It's 15 freakin' degrees outside.

When I don't have to worry about my balls freezing to side of my leg............well then maybe I write more about bikes. For those of you that ride and commute in cold weather on a bike-you have my utmost respect.

I have a couple math geek friends that might like this link.

If I was on this beach, I'd be crapping in my swimming trunks. SFW video on a NSFW website.

I like this guy. I think hell is gonna freeze over before he wins in court though.

Thanks for reading, time to go shovel a little snow...............

4 comments:

Ptelea said...

So when it snows, people up their donut consumption?

Our grocery stores do not have the quality and variety of donuts that you have in your store - maybe I will take a photo so you can see how deprived we are out here!

The Donut Guy said...

Oh yeah, people around here go NUTS when snow is in the forecast.

Does donut consumption go up during a snow scare?

You betcha, since I live in the "Snack Capitol of the World" (go ahead-Google it)

Donuts are a food group around here.

I'm not bragging (okay, I am) but I have customers that drive 30 or 40 miles to buy my donuts.

Yes, I'm that good:-)

Anonymous said...

Jesus, looking at those 2 photos you can literally hear Central Pennsylvanians getting fatter.

Geo, you might make some honkin' dognuts but I gotta tell you from all my years of living in good ol' PA... if it's fried or deep fried and/or filled/covered with something sweet, folks out your way will eat it even if at its core it's dogshit.

:)

-Me

The Donut Guy said...

Yes, you aren't the first guy to say that L.F. :-)

I have this customer that calls our store every night he is working to find out if I am there and then drives 25 miles (each way) out of his way to get donuts.

I'd start my own business, but the cost of buying all the equipment and overhead wouldn't make financial sense.

I make more money then my boss does since I've been here so long:-)