Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Sometimes people are assholes.....

First thing I have to say is "guilty as charged".

Sure, I've said some things to people I probably shouldn't have and for that... I'm sorry.

No, seriously-I mean it.

Well actually........I mean it most of the time.

I guess what I'm trying to convey is that society is just flat out meaner then it was 10 or 15 years ago.

Let me provide an example.

Our store ran out of eggs two days before Thanksgiving. Yeah, somebody messed up and didn't order enough....it was a mistake and mistakes happen.

I had a very well dressed customer (mid 40's wearing a very nice business suit) walk up to me in the bakery and ask me what she was supposed to do because she needed eggs and we didn't have any. I apologized and told her that we would be getting more in Wednesday morning.

She said "unf**kingbelievable" under her breath and started to walk off.... but not before I managed to wish her a Happy Thanksgiving.

I do believe I trumped her "mean" card with my "nice" card....I'm sure she thought I was being an asshole by wishing her a pleasant holiday after her unpleasant exchange.

Me, be an asshole?

Nah. I love working retail during the holidays.

No comments: