Friday, February 25, 2005

Thanks.........

Hey all, thanks for the comments. I have some newer readers so maybe I'll back up a little and give ya'll some background..........

I'm a happily married 45 year old with an extremely understanding wife and two very awesome kids(a son age 11 and a daughter age 17) and I've been a baker/pastry chef since I've been 16. I also have an addiction..................

Bikes.

I own a Redline Monocog with disc brakes, a Schwinn Moab disc hardtail, a Cannondale R500 road bike, a Kona BikeHotrod, a 1977 Raleigh road bike set up as a liquor store bike and the bike I'll be buried with.........a Surly Crosscheck set up as a touring bike.

Been riding since I was four years old,did the usual stuff when I turned 16.......girls, cars, trouble making etc. Got the passion back for riding about 8 years ago when I was about 40 pounds overweight, smoked and was generally a pig. Lost some weight, stopped smoking, I am also a founder of the local trails advocacy group and help out whenever I can.

I decided to start a blog and put up some fun links and hone my writing skills. Haven't been writing much about bikes lately since I live in central PA. and I am not extremely fond of riding in cold weather, slush and snow.

Hopefully, that'll change soon and I'll start posting some ride stories and post up some pics of my rides as well. This site averages anywhere from 30 to 50 visitors a day, I find that kinda hard to believe as I'm just some average shmoe out there in suburbia land writing about his fairly average life.

Most of the stuff I post is tame, I try to warn ya'll if something isn't safe for work or comes from a "Not safe for work" website. My purpose isn't to offend anybody, just like to poke a little fun at stuff that I think needs a little poke. Hell, maybe I can end up like this guy..................

Anybody ever been on a cruise? My parents and in laws have taken them and they loved the experience. My recent bout with food poisioning and all the stories I've read about folks getting sick on cruises kinda helps me make up my mind to stay away from them.

I don't think the freshness of the food on ships is the problem, I feel it is more of a temperature control issue and sanitation practices. Hot stuff has to stay hot and cold stuff has to stay cold. And not to be graphic, but the chefs have to wash their hands after they take a shit.

Spyware, malware, spoogeware or whatever you wanna call it sucks. These guys have a very well done newsletter that ya'll might find interesting. I have a fairly "clean" computer and it's going to stay that way.

We had about 6 inches of snow last night, I'm just sitting here at 4 AM waiting to see if I will have to stay up 2 extra hours before I go to sleep due to school delays. My wife works 1rst shift and I work 3rd shift and run our kids to the bus stop and school in the morning. Woot.

RFID? WTF? Educate yourself because it's coming whether you like it or not.

Anybody that knows me, knows that I have a somewhat off-beat sense of humor. This link is fairly harmless................send the naked lady down a steep hill.

Oh man, this site is sah-weeeet.........On line TV channels from all over the world. Hope you're packin' a broadband connection-you are gonna need it. I found a W.R.C. channel-I'm digging this site.

This site is a scream. If you aren't at least 25 years old, some of it won't make any sense.

This is something I would do for money. SFW video clip on a NSFW website.

This is classic. Can you beat Johnny and Jack Webb? Nope, I don't think so.

Till later...........................

No comments: