Sunday, August 07, 2005

The cat loves me..............

My in-laws got back from their trip and came over to pick up their cat. Evidently, the cat likes me more then it likes them bacause the cat immediately hid when it saw my mother-in-law. I had to bring it over later after she had left. It was nice having company this week while my wife and kids were away, but cats shed a metric shitload of hair.

What's wrong with this headline? ...........A 42 year old woman with 14 kids. I'm sorry, but when you don't have enough food to go around or the means to support that many kids..........use some kind of birth control. If you're Catholic-you can still use the Pill, just place it between your knees and keep it there. .........................................and don't bend over.

What's wrong with the way people drive nowadays? The most normal person in the world can turn into Satan whenever they slide behind the wheel. Don't believe me? Go to your nearest church parking lot right when church lets out. When ever I'm out on my bike, I see drivers doing all kinds of stupid stuff to each other. Cutting each other off, pulling out in front of each other, blocking intersections, etc. I only drive about 5 thousand miles a year, so I don't get lots of experience being an asshole..........driving, that is.

If everyone rode a bike once and awhile, shit would be different.

I went into Wal-Mart to buy a couple things and tried to use the do-it-yourself checkout. Not sure what I did but every freakin' time I go in there I have problems. I buggered it up so bad this last time buying a USB cord-it took 2 cashiers, a manager and 5 minutes to fix whatever I screwed up. Wouldn't it be easier to just have registers with cashiers? Yea, I might be a dumbshit, but I am still the customer.

I like Burger King. Couple of reasons......... First off they have pretty good burgers and onion rings. Second, most BK's use a serpentine line system so there is only one line and one cashier. Ever go to McDonald's and get stuck behind some asshole that doesn't know what they want or somebody that orders the entire menu? I hate it when that happens. Besides that, McDonald's food is greasy.

I see this all the time where I work. I'm not the skinnest guy in the world, so I can't say too much............except that if you're fat-do the world a favor and dress appropriately. Nobody and I mean nobody wants to see all that nasty fat hangin' out.

At first glance-this seems like a neat idea. I'm wondering where 20,000 extra people are gonna find jobs though...............

You want bike blogs? Here are 652 of them. I just finished reading this one. In two years I will have 5 weeks of vacation every year, I'd like to take it all at once and do a bike tour down the coast of the Eastern seaboard during the fall and watch the leaves turn.

I really like this car but after watching the video on the web page of it crashing into a full sized Mercedes, I'd feel a whole lot better about driving it if I could bolt a railroad tie on the front. That Merc appeared to come right into the passenger compartment. Could you imagine a Smart car vs a Ford Expedition? It would be ugly.

Haven't posted much of anything lately about riding because I haven't been riding. My sacroiliac joint has been bothering me a bit for the last couple weeks, that coupled with the ungodly humidity means no rides for the donut guy. Since my sacro laid me out flat last year for a couple weeks-I really didn't see a need to do a repeat this year. Plan to do a nice social paced ride later today- really looking forward to it................

Till later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"If everyone rode a bike once and awhile, shit would be different."

You should have that printed on T-shirts or something!

I am thinking of making a trip down to Gung-Ho sometime soon to check it out. I have vague ideas about a Karate Monkey in my future :-)