Monday, August 15, 2005

Social ride and stuff.............

I hosted an "out and back" social road ride over to Turkey Hill in Lancaster yesterday. I thought we would beat the heat by starting at 8 AM.................Wrong! It's always a good time when you can ride with friends but today it felt like we were riding into the inner ring of hell on the way back. The heat is okay but the humidity makes me sweat like an pig in a bacon factory.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Best part of the ride is coming back down off of Turkey Hill. I was hoping for 50 mph.

On the way back into York, One of the banks has an outdoor thermometer and it read 92 degrees. We only did 35 miles at a 16mph average but by the time we got back I was ready for a nap.

I tried to watch today's NASCAR race at Watkins Glen.........I can't understand how stock car racing got so popular when there are so many damn commercials. It makes the races almost unwatchable. The cars, the crew's uniforms, the buildings, the graphic overlays on the TV screen are all billboards for advertisers.......so why the hell do I have to watch the same damn commercials every 7 minutes? I only watch 3 or 4 races a year-guess I will have to tape them from now onso I can fast forward through the crap.

I did see that Tony Stewart won the race, which is no surprise considering he has driven just about everything with wheels out there. I wish he would stop trying to climb the fence after he wins, he's gonna fall off sometime and f**k himself up.

Anybody has any good ideas for free photo stitching software ? I have software that will stitch pictures end to end, I want something where I can layer 5 or 6 similar pics on top of each other. I was playing around with layers and different levels of opacity but I really ain't happy with the results. I did take this pic at my brother-in-laws house...........

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I took about 40 pics of the waterfalls with different exposures and aperture settings to get what I wanted.

Let me throw this out there...........I totally support what this woman is doing.

Laura chooses a new chef.............like that's really important.

I don't go to the movies very often. Why?

-4 dollar sodas.

-5 dollars for popcorn.

-Maybe I'm a cheap bastard but I ain't buying a 3 dollar candy bar.

-20 minutes of commercials and "coming attractions".

-don't enjoy sitting with 200 other sweaty humuns.

-don't like to peer around someones head to see my 8 dollar movie.

-most movies out now are shit.

The final reason, the movie will be out on DVD in 3 months and I can buy it for less then it cost to go to watch it. No wonder the studios aren't having a good year.

If anything good came out of Peter Jennings death, this would be it.

This is a neat car.............why not make a minivan with the technology? That way there would be more room for batteries and I could fit my mountain bike inside.

Religion for smartasses.

I'm wondering why "Devil In A Blue Dress" wasn't included...............

till later

2 comments:

Scout Seventeen said...

Oh my.

Did you read some of the e-mail the "religious" web-site has received? Equal parts funny and frighterning.

The Donut Guy said...

Quite a few folks don't realize that the site is a very well done parody. It's one of my favorites......