Saturday, April 29, 2006

Massacre on Plymouth Road......

I'm not a very big fan of yard work.

Yesterday, I raked leaves that were leftover from last fall.

And I trimmed some shrubbery.

No, let's make that I massacred some shrubbery.

Here's before.....
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Pretty nice huh?

Nice and full with beautiful green foliage.

I have a motto.

If some's good, more is better and too much is just enough.

Keeping that in mind and my love of yard work...................





Here's after.............
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Looks good to me.

I don't think I'll have to mess with it for a few weeks.

Actually, I do that to the damn thing every year and it keeps growing back.

Maybe next year I'll use a chainsaw instead of pruners.......


I did something last night I haven't done since last year...........

I rode my bike to work.

I was the "Bike Riding Donut Guy" for real.

I was a little worried about riding at dusk and then riding home at 4:30 in the morning, so I had my Surly lit up like a Christmas tree. I ran my 10 watt spot and 10 watt flood on my bars, a 5 watt LED pencil beam on my helmet, 2 rear blinkies and a thingamabobber with 40 leds that flashed. My jacket, rack bag and shoes all have reflective tape as well. We're talking overkill.

I needn't have worried about getting clipped, every car that went past me gave me a very wide berth. Probably because they thought they were either coming up on an accident scene with all the flashing LED's or they thought I was a UFO or perhaps a portable nuclear accident.

All I can say is that the rural roads I was riding on at 4:30 in the morning are dark. I was hearing the theme song to "Deliverance" so I kept up a steady pace.

I didn't want to end up like Ned Beatty.

If anyone out there in bike riding land needs a racktop mounted bag....this is the best one made on the entire planet.

Last night, I had 4 16 oz water bottles, a light battery, 3 tubes, a multi-tool, a cell phone, an iPod, an extra jacket, a first aid kit and a bowling ball packed inside and I didn't even have to open the expanding panel.

Banjo Brothers has their shit together. Just ask anyone that rides with the product, they'll set you straight. It's the real deal.

By the way.......I was kidding about the bowling ball.

Anyways, it felt great to be out riding at 4:30 AM when everyone one else is still sleeping and it didn't take all that much longer to ride. It usually takes me 10 minutes to drive and it only took 25 minutes to ride.

Some links.........

If Rush Limbaugh was black and poor........his ass would be in jail.

I've said this before, let Wal-Mart run FEMA. Ain't nobody in the USA better then them at distribution.

I'm thinking Bush's approval rating will be down in the 20's fairly soon.

Who woulda thunk it? Only 600 bucks? From an old Sears catalog.

I don't drink much beer, but when I do, I spend the money and get good beer, not this stuff.

Till later.

No comments: