Monday, February 13, 2006

Thank God for snowblowers........

I think we got about a foot of snow here in PA yesterday!

One benefit of having friends in high places is that I know several of the guys that work for the township and they usually divert their plows when they do our street so my driveway isn't buried.

Even so, I spent a good amount of time doing our neighbors sidewalks and driveway, he is 91 years old and he gets a kick out of watching everyone shovel the snow. Hell, when I get to 91, I plan to do the same thing.

It's going to be 50 degrees later this week, so the snow won't be around for long and that's A-OK with me because I am jonesing to get back on a bike.

What would I do with 245 million bucks? Mmmm, lets see...I think I would.....

-Build a moderately nice house with a very large garage for all my bikes and what-not.

-Donate 10% to my church and my wife's church.

-Donate some serious bucks to our County Park and our County Library system.

-Since I'm a motorhead, I'd have to pick up a few vehicles......
-67 GTO
-2006 Z06 Corvette
-Shelby Cobra
-one of those 4 door crew cab pick up trucks to haul my stuff around.

Yeah, that oughta do it. I'd also buy lots of bikes. Since even the most expensive bikes are only 10,000 dollars (most are less), I could have a whole pile of nice new shiny bikes to stare at and ride.

My wife and kids can spend the rest of the money......

Firefox is safer.

I just got done cleaning up a co-workers PC, He had all kinds of slop on his hard drive just from browsing the web. You'd think he was a freak with all the stuff he had collected, I checked his history file to see where he went and evidently he went to a few weird search sites and picked up CWS.

The truth is he's not a freak, he's a 60 year old grandfather studying Hebrew scripture, he's also a lay minister for his church and is going to college for a degree in Hebrew language. I fixed him up with the latest version of Firefox and some useful extensions, hopefully he'll be good to go.

I'm not a Dick supporter but in his defense, I'm sure he feels really bad about what happened over the weekend. Thank God it wasn't worse, I wonder where he learned how to handle a gun...........

The more I listen to Condoleezza, the more I like her.

This is a damn shame.

Asshole of the week. Thanks to Cycledog for the link.

My friend Will had a great time demoing new snowboards for his shop. I'm betting that he's pretty darn happy with this past weekend's snow accumulation.

You might notice some new pictures in my Flickr sidebar, our daughter went to NYC this weekend to see Monty Python's Spamalot. They just beat the blizzard coming home.

Tyler loses his appeal. I really want to believe he is innocent, but in the back of my mind........

Last link............Cookie Monster says the "F" word....totally family safe.......honest:-)

Till later.

No comments: