Monday, March 14, 2005

Wal-Mart

I bought a TV yesterday. In fact, I bought a Wal-Mart branded TV
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

The closet thing I could find to an American made TV was this and this TV hasn't been made in the US since 2000. Here's a quote from this site......

"Made in USA is important, but so is USA owned. US Stuff doesn't know of any American owned, USA made/assembled TVs."

Nice huh? So far less then 250 bucks I have a HUGE TV (I'm used to a portable TV) that is basiclly disposable. As long as it last for 5 or 6 years, I'll be happy.

The fact that Wal-Mart is so freakin' huge that they have their own brand of "lectronics" (Wal-Mart speak) is kinda scary. They already have Wal-Mart branded tires, clothes, etc so I shouldn't be too surprised. They are a scary big company.

This is a good article concerning the whole issue. I follow the issue fairly closely, as I work for one of Wal-Mart's competitors. I agree with the premise of the article but sometimes simple economics take precedent. ie; Why should I spend more money for the same TV somewhere else? Who benefits? Not me, that's for sure. If where I work sold TV's , I'd buy it from us, but we just sell groceries in most of our stores.

Some cycling stuff..............

Any Bobby Julich fans here? How bout a hand for an old guy! Nice win, check out that big ring.

I wonder how many of these bikes will be gathering dust in upper class garages............Nice helmet the guy is wearing.

These are neat, Not sure what I'd do with one-but they are cool nonetheless.....

Some good reads here. Artwork and other stuff as well if you're into that sort of thing.

Rant of the day...............
All I want to do is to sit my fat ass down and watch the Tour on cable TV this summer. With the cable company we have-this is gonna be unlikely because they don't carry the Outdoor Life Network.

Britney gives MJ some advice. I'd pay to see MJ get his ass kicked. Maybe they could have a Pay Per View with MJ and Tyson. Be kinda cool to see Jackson's fake nose go flying into the cheap seats.

I'm Irish. In fact, our family originally came from the "bad side of the tracks" of Northern Ireland during the Potato Famine in the 1840's. This guy is lucky he didn't get his ass kicked. Dumbass.

Am I skinny? Nope. What's scary is this happening all over America.

At first, I thought this guy was a total dumbass.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
He has a very good arguement though. Unless CBS has something in writing, I hope he wins.

What's the big deal? Ya wanna kill yourself-go back to your car, roll the windows up and smoke away.

Sick cartoon of the day.........
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I'm a motorhead, it makes me ill to watch them wad up another Dodge Charger for the Dukes of Hazzard movie.

Link of the day............ Just have a sense of humor when you read the captions.

Till later........

No comments: