Thursday, December 30, 2004

Damn kids..............

I guess I like well behaved children. When I was a kid, my old man could be clear across the room and I knew my ass was in a heap of trouble if he shot me "The Look". Any of you that had fairly strict parents know exactly what I am talking about.

"The Look" meant stop whatever I was doing because I was pissing him off somehow. It also meant that I was gonna get my ass reamed whenever we got home.

Nowadays, kids are animals.

Not all kids are animals but most of the ones I see where I work at must have smoked their manners away in a crack pipe or something.

Last night at work, I had 3 children DEMAND that I give them a free cookie. I told'em, no dice kids-ya gotta get your parents permission as I can't hand out food to you and have you have an allergic reaction to chocolate or something.

About 2 minutes later, mom comes waddling up and start chewing my face off because I didn't give her kids cookies.

Told her the same thing I told her kids and then gave her kids cookies.

That seemed to calm her down some but I don't have to wonder where her kids learn their example from. I thought she was gonna pop a blood vessel there for a second. I love the general public.

Cosmic bread? Yeah sure. I used to make cosmic brownies when I was younger, but I'll save that story for another day.

It would suck to work for these folks. Work for free?

Till later..........




No comments: